Story continues below this advertisement
So I'm relaxing over the 4th of July weekend, which means I was nearly in a coma from a massive ingestion of cow, pig and chicken BBQ. My right hand was still somewhat mobile so I was able to still clutch the TV remote. That lead to me finding an obscure channel called AXCS and the programing was basically every Beach Boys concert ever recorded. July 4th. Red white and blue. The Beach Boys. I was in heaven. One little known fact is that Bill Bader and I actually promoted a Beach Boys show and with our collective promotional talents managed to risk about $150,000 to make about $9.32 profit. Pure genius.
Back to the 4th. So at 1:15 a.m. I'm glued to the couch singing Fun Fun Fun loudly and completely off key. In the middle of all this I'm thinking there is column material here so I get out a pad and pen and prepare to write. So, fellow DRO junkies, here is the challenge. What are your favorite Beach Boys songs (top 5)? How many tunes can you name with an actual car in the title? And the tie breaker: what is the most obscure car/race tune you have even heard of. Let the fun begin.
TOP 5 BEACH BOYS SONGS ACCORDING TO AARON
1. Fun Fun Fun -- Did you ever ask yourself what daddy did with the T Bird he took away?
2. Help Me Rhonda -- I always thought Rhonda was Gas Rhonda.
3. In My Room -- Since I spent a lot of time there as punishment this was kind of my theme song.
4. I Get Around -- It was a song who's lyrics consisted of "I get around." Simple and stupid.
5. Wouldn't It Be Nice -- Certainly is more uplifting then Sloop John B.
TUNES WITH AN ACTUAL CAR IN THE TITLE (AP version)
-Little Deuce Coupe
-Hot Rod Lincoln
-Little Red Corvette
-Hey Little Cobra
I'm out of brain cells.
OBSCURE CAR-RACE SONG TIE BREAKER (AP pick to click)
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Backstory: In the end Jerry has too many beers, has a tree jump in front of him and dies.
And so ends the last time I will ever write about car…tunes. Thank God.